Data and Discussion
The Top 20 Posts (Plus 1)
I have occasionally published this information for a given year. In this case the results are for all 4.5 years of this blog’s existence.
A reader has two options for accessing this blog. They can go to my “Home Page” and take in whatever happens to be there or they can specify a post (by using a link from some source such as a Google search, email, etc.). The former access means occurs approximately 40% of the time, so the latter is 60%. Thus the majority of blog site accesses are targeted on a single post. The following list shows the top 20 (plus one) of these targeted posts in order of more to less occurrences.
- A Brief Excursion into PCUSA Heresy
- The PCUSA’s Continuous Decline
- HONORING CHRIST IN OUR RELATIONSHIPS
- Jesus Christ Avatar
- Can Christians Support a War Against Islamic Terrorism?
- The Language of Suffering (LoS): Introduction
- What does the Bible Teach on Immigration and Refugee Policy? (3)
- LoS: Exposition – Genesis 1:1, 27-31
- The PCUSA and Israel (Part 4)
- The Strange Persistence of Guilt
- Postmodern Christianity: A Primer
- The PCUSA and Israel (Part 2)
- God’s Acts of Providence (9)
- Environmentalism Becomes a Death Cult (4)
- Gnosticism Reimagined? (Part 6b)
- Confession of Belhar Questions Already Answered! (Part 1)
- Progressive Christianity’s Strange Bonhoeffer Compulsion (1)
- God’s Acts of Providence (56)
- Taking Stock at the 100th Post
- LoS: SUFFERING IN GOD’S WORD
- Stinging Satire from the Babylon Bee (3)
Note that the “Top 4” posts all directly address or are derived from meditations on the PCUSA. I thus conclude that a high proportion of my readership has a specific interest in this denomination. Eight (numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 12, 15 and 16) posts in the “Top 20” are related to the PCUSA.
The top non-PCUSA, but Christian-focused post comes in at #5 (Can Christians Support a War Against Islamic Terrorism?). This post along with numbers 7, 11, 15 and 17 fill out this category.
A significant number of posts contain Biblical exposition. The most popular of these comes in at #6 (The Language of Suffering (LoS): Introduction). Other popular Bible exposition posts are numbers 8, 13, 18 and 20.
The top general political post is at #10 (The Strange Persistence of Guilt). The only other general political post is at #14.
Filling out the Top 20, my meditation at the 100th post (#19) covers multiple topics,
I have included a #21 because it is the first satire/humor focused post on the list. Note that this post focuses on the PCUSA. Clearly I’m no comedy powerhouse!
The Top 20 Countries
This blog is overwhelmingly dominated by visitors from the United States. However, it also attracts readers from throughout the world. The following is a list of visit numbers ordered from more to less. I find it intriguing that the second highest number of visitors come from Hong Kong, The population of this city is small compared to many of the other countries with fewer visits. I don’t know if there are just a few very heavy readers or many light readers. In any case I hope that they and all the other international visitors find interesting and useful information.
- United States
- Hong Kong SAR China
- United Kingdom
- Puerto Rico
- South Africa
- European Union
- United Arab Emirates
- South Korea
Now, back to blogging!