The “Top-Ten” Posts
This blog started in November 2014, so it is now three years old. At this milestone it is appropriate to take stock of what has occurred and been accomplished. To date I have published 344 posts, with is an average of one per 3.2 days.
Visitors to this site went to the “homepage” 41.9% of the time. It is thus difficult to determine their intent (e.g., general access or specific content intent). In 8.1% of visits general information about the site (e.g., about the blog or me, document repository) was accessed. For the remaining 50% of visits specific blog entries were accessed. I used these 50% of visits to generate the following top-ten list since the visitors indicated specific interest in a particular blog entry (percentages are based on the total number of specific visits, not on the total number of visits). Note that this list is preferential to older blogs because more time has occurred to accumulate visits.
- 8.4% The PCUSA’s Continuous Decline
- December 4, 2014
- This post was the first of many that focused on the decline of the PC(USA) through data analysis and commentary. It apparently struck a nerve, as it is the most popular post by a solid margin. I updated this information using 2015 data here and 2016 data here. The bottom line is that decline is continuing at a precipitous rate.
- 7.2% HONORING CHRIST IN OUR RELATIONSHIPS
- Date unknown because this is a “page” rather than a “post.” However, the page was created very near the beginning of this blog’s existence (so, late 2014).
- This piece was written prior to this blog’s beginning. It is my first attempt to understand what I was experiencing as a Commissioner to the Presbytery of Chicago. The analysis and conclusions have held up over time, though I did miss the true scope and depth of the moral and theological corruption at work.
- 5.3% Jesus Christ Avatar
- February 2, 2015
- This is one of the “summing up” posts after having extensively analyzed the PC(USA) Rationale record on same-gender marriage. The conclusion that Progressive Christians have”turned him [Jesus Christ] into an avatar whose purpose is to act as an embodiment of their philosophy” is crucial to understanding just how deep and terrible is the corruption at the heart of the PC(USA)’s actions.
- 4.1% The Language of Suffering (LoS): Introduction
- March 2, 2015
- This is the introductory post for the “Language of Suffering” series. I had completed this work in July of 2007, and decided to offer it in a series of posts.
- 3.3% The PCUSA and Israel (Part 4)
- May 7, 2015
- This is the conclusion of a series on the PC(USA)’s participation in the assault on Israel. What makes this post stand out is it exposes that the PC(USA)’s leadership is 80%+ anti-Israel as opposed to the carefully constructed deception that they are only barely (51%) anti-Israel.
- 2.7% LoS: Exposition – Genesis 1:1, 27-31
- March 6, 2015
- The popularity of this post is a surprise to me. While it is a perfectly good post, I can’t identify a particular reason that it is in the “top ten.” However, I am thankful that it has provided value to so many readers.
- 2.4% The PCUSA and Israel (Part 2)
- May 4, 2015
- This post covered the run-up to the General Assembly’s anti-israel vote, showing that they were specifically warned about the implications and consequences of this despicable act. My conclusion stands that “This result is a moral catastrophe for the PCUSA. It represents the victory of willful ignorance and inhumane ideology over the Christian virtues of prudence, temperance and justice.” Note that two of the top-ten posts cover the issue of the PC(USA)’s policy toward Israel.
- 2.3% “The Strange Persistence of Guilt”
- April 2, 2017
- This relatively recent post clearly hit a nerve. In it, I discuss a “profound meditation by Wilfred M. McClay on “The Strange Persistence of Guilt.” Dr. McClay has delved far more deeply than could have I on the causes of our current state of moral and theological corruption. I attempted to add a few comments relating to the intersection of Dr. McClay’s ideas and those being explored in this blog.
- 2.2% Gnosticism Reimagined? (Part 6b)
- October 16, 2015
- In this post I connected the thought of two influential PC(USA) pastors to the heresy of Gnosticism. This series traced the reemergence of this heresy in the denomination. These were by no means the most clear and direct examples. However, they do show that Gnostic ideas are far more prevalent than might have been expected.
- 2.0% Confession of Belhar Questions Already Answered! (Part 1)
- April 20, 2015
- This post connects the Confession of Belhar (now a part of the Book of Confessions) with the radical assault on traditional Christian values. The specific incident is the PC(USA)’s encouragement of and participation in the Progressive mob action associated with opposition to the Indiana Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA).
The following post will disclose the “next sixteen” most popular posts.