The 2014 PCUSA data is in and I’m sorry to report it’s pretty bad. I’ve updated last year’s plots with the 2014 results and expanded the scope to cover additional areas of concern. These results confirm that the PCUSA is in a state of chronic, and recently calamitous decline.
The following data will be conveyed in future posts:
- Total Membership (per year, % of 1984 baseline, % of U.S. population, cumulative since 1983)
- Annual Membership Change (Gain / Loss / Net; absolute # and %; Loss-to-Gain ratio)
- Number of PCUSA candidates for ministry
- Number of Church changes (organized, dissolved, received, dismissed)
- Participation in Christian Education
- Comparison to changes in the United States (2007-2014; Pew Research)